it is coming to an end…I can scarcely believe that it’s gonna be a brand new year in just a few days time..
the end of the year (and birthdays, amongst other things) always put me in a rather contemplative mood…I noe it’s a time to be happy and to celebrate and I do, do that but at the same time, I cant help but feel that if I dun ever think or remember back what I’ve done, what I’ve felt, what I’ve gone through…then I will just keep moving ahead (which is good by the way) but one day I may just find myself saying, “Hey…where has the time gone? Has it been THAT long ago?”
And I dun want a chance to say that to myself. Cause that would mean that time has slipped from my hands and I don’t even realize it. And maybe due to that ignorance of time, I may not have achieved what I wanted to achieve, i may not have done what I have set out to do…worse, I may not be what I wanted to be.
*sigh* I guess, by thinking back all that’s happened, hopefully I would be able to appreciate more. I would be able to understand better. I would have a clearer image of where things stand. In that way, I believe that I would be moving ahead. As much as I resist change in my life, at the back of my mind, I know it’s inevitable. Whether I want it or not, change is still going to take place so I might as well welcome it with arms wide open and, prepared for it.
I don’t want to go thru day by day, year by year, being the same, doing the same, all or most of my life. In my own (weird) way, I embrace change and hopefully, change will benefit me in more ways than one.
Yanno, before Nat’s accident, a very close friend of mine called and told me numbly that she had just seen a dead guy’s body on the MRT track at Admiralty. Two days later, she sms and said that another guy was dead, Yishun MRT track this time.
Thank God, she didn’t see the second body cuz I’ll be damn traumatized if I were her!
And Nat’s accident….seeing her by the pavement just 2 weeks ago, with her bike down, medics all around her, makes me more contemplative. When I watch the news, with the Acehnese, first the tsunami and now the floods…then the Iraqis with the bombing, chn playing with guns…my heart really goes out to them. I cannot begin to imagine how they feel…losing their family, their home…the things that matter most to them, and all gone before they know it. I cannot even say I understand cause truly, I don’t.
After seeing and hearing all these things that’s happening around me, in the world, I feel the need to stop and just ponder for awhile. And to a certain extent, blogging does that for me. Not much but at least it’s a channel that I’ve provided myself with…makes me ‘voice’ out my thoughts and it’s funny, once it’s typed, suddenly it becomes more real.
Well there u go…me and my thoughts again…
Anyway, I was on my way to my sis’s place this morning with my mom and both of us were going down the escalator, when we saw a guy and a girl going up the escalator. They were simply chatting, standing side by side on the escalator. I noticed it and my mom did too cuz she turned around and said to me, “How ungentlemanly!”
The girl was carrying a big box, huge is more like it. The height of the box is, maybe from the feet to half the thigh and the box seems bigger than it is because the poor girl who is carrying it was petite!
My mum was going on and on abt how the guy shld have helped the girl carry the box esp. since he was carrying nth at all…that he should have carried the box even if they’re just friends and not an item cuz it’s only gentlemanly. She went on to say that “boys these days…haiyah…” The sentence was left hanging. I guess I’m supposed to fill in the blanks myself.
*laughs*
well….I cant say I dun agree. I actually do. My mom does have a point…even though girls, women whatever, want to be independent..we are, well…we’re complicated beings. We want yet we don’t want. Even we don’t know what we want sometimes yanno but no matter how modern society has become, and how fairly treated women like to be treated, men should always have that chivalry-ness in them…it would be nice..and sweet and…
…anyway I guess in a situation like that, the guy SHOULD have carried it la. I mean, doesn’t he feel awkward walking beside a girl who is practically struggling to carry that box? =P
Now, I know why I’m so opinionated. Haha!
P/S: Happy 2 month old my darlin’ nephew! *muacks*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment