one of e movie stills of Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna...isn't shah rukh khan just handsome..hehz.....
MY review of Kabhie Alvida Naa Kehna (nvm e fact tat i haven't watch e movie)
I was reading the papers this morning and the review for Shah Rukh Khan’s new release is pretty poor, which is totally unlike the norm. I haven’t watched it yet but even as an ardent fan of Shah Rukh Khan (SRK), I’m afraid I won’t like the movie very much.
Why?
My sister asked me why. She asked if it was because SRK is not playing the good guy. Which is a fact. The papers stated as such too, “Shah Rukh Khan is far from likeable in new movie”
That is not the reason actually.
Actors (and actresses) have to show versatility and stuff so it’s alright as long as it fits the plot and the character somehow, is being justified.
But the thing is, I dun like movies where the main story revolves around an affair (among other stories that are lopsided or subtly discriminates races, religion so on and so forth)…the hero and heroine is involved in an extra marital affair! Can you believe it?! Bah...it’s just so sucky to watch for 3 hours!
Why..you may ask..
Well..cuz u dunno if u shld be siding with the hero and heroine because at the first place, what they are doing (which is the affair) IS wrong! But if u dun side with the hero and heroine, then as a viewer, what are you looking forward to when the story comes to an end?
I dun even understand why on earth Karan Johar (director) came up with such a story, after all he IS known for his sensitive-plot-along-with-great-setting-and-dynamic-casting!
What a long wait…but what a disappointment man!
And I haven’t even watched the movie yet.
=(
A.N.Y.W.A.Y.....currently, I’m reading a book by Karen Robards (my first time reading her bk --- I was soo bored with nth to do that I just had to go to lib on Monday itself to borrow) It’s about a senator’s wife who’s involved, also in an affair!
What’s wrong with these ppl?! Can’t they stay true to ONE person for the rest of their life?
Anyway, that is also another ‘irritating’ story to read cuz I’m neither rooting for the main characters nor am I looking forward to the end.
You see, what I dun and cannot and probably would never understand is…how could someone say that the reason he / she goes into an affair is because he / she has fallen out of love with the spouse? With the spouse they had taken their vows with? Even worse, with the spouse that bore their child / children!?
How COULD they say that? After all they have gone through together…years and years of marriage or years of planning to settle down with the partner and building a family together…..they could bring themselves to say that? Say such a RIDICULOUS excuse?!
*sigh* Reading what I just typed, it sounded as if I was angry.
But mostly, i think..it's sadness. It's sad to know that these things are real.
There ARE men and women who betray their spouses.
And that's just sad.
Don’t you agree….


No comments:
Post a Comment